ExpressionEngine developers, what if I paid you $1200 a year to sleep? Or watch TV? Or play video games? Would you take it?
I’m pretty sure I know the answer 😉
What if I told you right now you’ve got code sitting on your computer that could earn you at least that much per year?
You don’t have to build a big software-as-a-service platform with thousands of subscribers and VC investors to “make it.” ExpressionEngine is a great place to start selling products to fellow developers.
You may be thinking, “What about support? How will I take payment on my site? What about refunds? Should I start a list of beta users? How much should I charge?”
I had those questions and more when I started PDF Press. I was releasing it with two competitors already on the market with great reviews & rates (one of which was a free add-on). I thought for sure no one was going to buy it.
I sold twenty-one copies the first day.
I did it by taking some systematic steps anyone can do.
Now here’s the pitch, tell me about yourself and your add-on idea here, in the last week of Dec I’ll pick three developers from the submissions. If you’re selected I’ll coach you for free over five weeks.
- Weekly one-on-one Skype sessions with me while we work out preparing your add-on for launch
- Help with sales copy, pricing, documentation, landing pages
- A free account on Unbounce to help you with a/b testing your landing pages
- Promotion of your add-on through my newsletter and social media as I release case studies as we go through the process
The only requirements I must ask are that you’re willing to sell your add-on for a price and you give me permission to publish data such as conversion numbers and sales data up to launch and a month afterwards.
Why am I offering all of this for free? A few reasons:
- I love our community and I want to give back to it
- I am passionate about developers getting paid their value
- To start a community around developers launching “small products”
Start 2014 off right, signup for the contest today and let’s get started selling some add-ons!